What is a Sales Force Automation system? Sales Force Automation is a program designed to automate the many facets of business related to sales.It provides a system for integrating and managing in one system the entire gamut of the whole sales operation from customer support, processing sales, managing inventories, analyzing sales performance, sales forecasts and many other solutions. In business, this is very important as it gives the needed information in a timely and more accurate manner.
With the use of sales force automation software, you get instant access to all the information needed to react right away if there is a need for adjustments.This is important if there is a need to catch up with a sales target, to replenish inventory as well as to monitor customer reactions in some cases. (Yes, you can try a Sales Force Automation system for free here..!)
What is Sales Force Automation advantages? here are some….
- Shorten Sales Cycle
- Scientific Monitoring of Data
- Up to date information
- Cross Checking of Data is possible
- Can Provide ideas for market segmentation
- Can be used to gauge industry performance
- Gives ideas about market positioning
- Can be used to gain competitive edge
- Provides a systematic approach to Sales people
- Increase Revenue per Sales Rep
- Increase Average Order Size
- Increase Close Rate
- Increase Revenue per Customer
There are many more advantages inherent in the use of sales force automation software.In most cases, the system can be tweaked to adapt to the particular needs of the company to make the system more responsive and attuned to the demands of the work place.
However, there are also disadvantages that showed in the use of sales force automation system and some of which are the following.
- Entry of data is time-consuming on the part of the sales people
- Initial resistance when it comes to the difficulty of using the system
- Lack of cooperation from sales people
- Automation of information negates the human touch involved in the sales process
- Cost to maintain the system can be expensive
Like other systems used to systematize the processing of business data, there will always be disadvantages like those mentioned above.But the benefits outweigh the disadvantages by a wide margin and this is the reason why a lot of businesses use sales force automation.It is an effective tool used not only by the sales department but by marketing officers as well.
The data stored and processed in the system on a regular basis serves as a necessary barometer in determining what possible actions must be made given a particular situation.To put it simply, it serves as the management’s eyes and ears on the ground.
You might also like:
Creating an Account Focus Approach Towards Business Development http://www.thinkaboutcrm.com/creating-account-focused-approach-towards-business-development
Mobile CRM – Will it Take off? http://www.thinkaboutcrm.com/mobile-crm
Still Using Email as your CRM Solution? Bad Idea! http://www.thinkaboutcrm.com/still-using-email-your-crm-solution-bad-idea-0